SRI LANKAN SERENDIPITY
Tour Code: SLS01
Sri Lanka is an out of this world tropical island which is blessed with an exciting piece of everything possible on earth – offering travelers a combination of magnificent landscapes, clear beaches, captivating cultural heritage and unique experiences. There are many beautiful places in Sri Lanka and here are some of the places:-
- Colombo which is Sri Lanka’s capital, is the country’s biggest city and the most developed.
- Dambulla’s historic temple’s structure can be explained as a overhanging rock looming over five enormous caves.
- Anuradhapura is revered as one of the greatest monastic sites on this planet.
- Sigiriya is probably the most visited tourist destination of Sri Lanka.
- Trincomalee is known for its hot springs and is always a major tourist attraction.
- Jaffna is an ancient port city that offers a range of rich culture, history and pleasant climate. The Peninsula which is made of limestone is attached to the main land by just a strip of sand called Elephant Pass.
- Chilaw is known for its diverse cultural background and has a large Roman Catholic community. A beautiful statuette of Mother Mary welcomes those entering this city.
- Thiruketheeswaram is home to the giant Sivalingam carved out of granite stone in the Island.
TOUR COST : RM3,690
Tour cost includes:
- International Airfare
- Airport Taxes
- Accommodation on twin share basis
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Transportation in an air-con vehicle
- Service of English-Speaking National Guide
- Entrance Fee to Dambulla Cave Temple, Sri Maha Bodhi and Kanniya Hot Springs
- All the government taxes
Tour Cost does not include: Insurance coverage, Tips & Porterage, entrance to Sigiriya, Camera & Video Permit Charges and all personal expenses.
For printable itinerary, please click here
Join us in our upcoming Tour to Sri Lanka
TOUR TO SRI LANKA
27 JANUARY 2020
Morning departure by flight to Colombo. You will be met on arrival at the airport by our representative. From the airport, proceed by road to Chilaw to visit the Muneeswaran temple. After this temple visit, continue your journey to Anuradhapura to check-in to hotel. Lunch enroute. After checking-in to the hotel, proceed to visit the 2,500-year-old Mahabodhi Tree and the Temple and thereafter proceed for dinner.
Overnight in Anuradhapura.
28 JANUARY 2020
Early morning departure to Jaffna. Enroute we will visit Our Lady of Madhu Shrine and the Tirukeeteswaram temple. This is an ancient Temple sung in praise by the Tamil saints of India. Brief stop at Mannar island. Continue your drive along the leisurely Poonakeri Route and you will arrive in Jaffna. Check into Hotel. Evening at leisure. Overnight in Jaffna.
29 JANUARY 2020
Today will be for visits in Jaffna. Morning will be for some temple visits; afternoon sightseeing and evening is free for leisure activities. Overnight in Jaffna.
30 JANUARY 2020
Another full day for visits in Jaffna. Overnight in Jaffna.
Temples that will be covered over the 2 days in Jaffna include: Tellipillai Durgai Amman Temple, The Mavathapuram Kandasamy Temple, Hanuman Temple, Keerimalai Temple (Naguleswaran), Selva Sanathi, Nagapooshini Amman, Nallur Kandasamy Temple. Sightseeing spots include Dutch Fort, Ancient ruins at Kantharodai, Museum and Library Buildings.
31 JANUARY 2020
Today after breakfast, check out and proceed to Trincomalee. Enroute a brief photo stop at Elephant Pass. Continue to Trincomalee. On arrival visit the Hot Springs in Kanniya. After visit, check into Hotel. Evening at leisure. Overnight in Trincomalee.
The Kanniya Hot Springs is a site with hot wells located in Trincomalee, Sri Lanka. There are seven wells in a square shape. Wells are only 3-4 feet deep and you can clearly see the bottom. The temperature is considerably high but vary slightly from one spring to another. Wells run out of water, when 10-15 buckets of water are taken out.
1 FEBRUARY 2020
Today after breakfast, visit the Koneswaram Temple. Koneswaram temple of Trincomalee (also historically known as the Thirukonamamalai Konesar Kovil, the Temple of the Thousand Pillars and Thiru-Konamamalai Maccakeswaram Kovil) is a Hindu temple in Trincomalee. It is built atop Swami Rock, a rocky promontory cape overlooking Trincomalee, a classical period harbor port town. Visit the famed SHANKARI Temple in Sri Lanka – one of the 18 Devi Temples (Ashta Dasha Shakti Peethas).
Later proceed to Dambulla & Visit Dambulla Cave Temple
The Dambulla temple has five caves and 157 statues of the Lord Buddha, many paintings on the ceilings and walls that emphasis the artistic talent of ancient days. The history of the caves, rock and temple dates from the 1st century BC. The fascination of these caves is not only the statues but also the many intricate and delicate paintings that cover the ceiling and walls, created with indigenous traditional paints. Because of the history, archaeological and artistic implications, the premises were declared as one of the UNESCO World Heritage sites in 1991. The temple has been in use f or over 22 centuries and still holds a sense of benevolence and spirituality. On completion check into the hotel and relax. Overnight in Dambulla.
2 FEBRUARY 2020
Morning departure to Colombo. Enroute photo stop outside the Sigiriya Rock Fortress.
On Arrival in Colombo, sightseeing tour of the city. Visit some of the highlights including the Panchamuga Anjeyanar Temple, the shopping streets, etc. Check into Hotel. Overnight in Colombo.
3 FEBRUARY 2020
Today will be a free day for shopping/ own activities. Check-out of room by 12.00 noon. Late evening you will be transferred to the airport to board your flight back to Kuala Lumpur.